This collection contains 11 volumes of the Queensland Government Gazette. The Queensland Government Gazette is a periodical generally published weekly by the government and serves as the official means of communication from the government to the general public.
Queensland Government Gazettes contains a vast amount of historical and genealogical information. Examples of the type of things that could be mentioned in a publication include:
- Official government notices such as appointments and proclamations
- Acts, regulations, and other legal notices
- Trademarks and copyrights
- Deceased estates
- Dissolution and registration of businesses
- Notices or rewards for lost or stolen property
- Land transactions (including crown land leases)
- Unclaimed letters
- Unclaimed property
- Court notices
- Police auctions
Because of the variety of events and notifications included in these publications, many ordinary people (not just government officials) are mentioned. The Gazettes can be used to place individuals in a specific time and location, as well as place people and communities in historical context.
Currently this collection contains publications for the following time periods. More volumes are expected to be added to this collection in the future.
- Jan-Jun, 1903
- Jan-Dec, 1904
- Jan-Jun, 1905
- Jan-Jun 1906
- Jan-Dec, 1908
- Jan-Dec, 1909
- Jan-Dec, 1910