Idaho. Department of Health and Welfare. Death Index and Images, 1911–1967. Idaho Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics, Boise, Idaho.
Idaho began registering births and deaths at the county level in 1907. Before 1907, the only birth and death records were kept by churches, midwives, mortuaries, and physicians. After 1911, all births and deaths were registered directly with the state rather than the county.
This collection includes images of Idaho death certificates, most of which are for the years 1911–1967. In the records you may find:
- name of the decedent and place of death
- color or race
- marital status
- date of birth
- father's name and birthplace
- mother's name and birthplace
- name and address of informant
- date filed
- date of death
- physician's statement and cause of death
- length of residence, if in a hospital or institution
- date and place of burial
- name and address of undertaker